Pipe Bevelling Machines
Range of TAG PREP Machines
TAG PREP 2
Range: ½” – 1½” (23mm – 42mm i/d)
TAG PREP 3
Range: 1” – 3”
TAG PREP 4
Range: 1” – 4”
TAG PREP 8
Range: 2” – 8”
Bevelling with PREP Machines
TAG PREP 16
Range: 3” – 16”
TAG PREP 20
Range: 4” – 20”
TAG PREP 24
Range: 7” – 24”
Range: 2” – 48”
What is pipe bevelling?
Pipe beveling is the process where an angle is formed between the edge of the end of a pipe or tube and a plane perpendicular to the surface. A standard pipe bevel angle for welding is 37.5 degrees. Other angles and special forms such as J-Bevels can also be produced on the ends of pipe or tube using automatic pipe bevelling machines.
Why bevel a pipe?
Beveling of pipe or tubing is most commonly used to prepare the ends for welding. It can also be used for deburring the cut ends for safety and aesthetic reasons.
Why companies automate pipe beveling?
- Save time – stationary pipe beveling machines are many times faster than other methods such as hand grinding, flame cutting, hand held bevelers, or loading into a lathe.
- No more dirty operations such as hand grinding or torching.
- Consistent accurate pipe bevels each time, will face the end of the pipe square and bevel or deburr ID as needed.
- Cycle time normally in the 5 to 20 second range depending on size
- Eliminates ergonomic issues from operator handling hand tools
- Safer than hand grinding or torching, all chips are contained within the machine.
- Low operating cost, uses mostly industry standard carbide tooling
- Easily bevels stainless and materials not suitable for torching.
- Special forms such as J-bevels are easily produced.
- Can be operated by a non skilled operator once setup.
Contact us for demonstration
Contact us today to see benefits of TAG PREP machines.